Sunday, November 7, 2010

Creamed Corn

I forgot to take my camera to the Luau last night, so no pictures. I will try to import some of my sister's shots so you can see how beautiful my grand niece is.

I took a recipe for creamed corn I found on the Taste of Home site and ran with it. SO GOOD!!!! I had it with my special pulled pork sandwiches. Amazing dinner!!!!

2 strips of thick cut lean bacon, cut into pieces
1/2 a medium onion, cut into medium dice
1/2 a medium red bell pepper, small dice, (about the size of a kernel of corn)
1 small zucchini, (about the size of a kernel of corn)
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
3 large cobs of corn, cut off of cob
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 to one cup whipping cream
1 cup parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

I sauteed the bacoThen I add the corn and the broth.Simmered until corn is done, about 15 minutes. Add the cream and cheese. Heat through, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. Can also add a little sugar to make the corn a little sweeter. I did and it was delicious.

I'll post the pulled pork recipe at a later time.

Still working on Jim's afghan, but as soon as that is done I will start mine. Can't wait to cuddle my little angel Grant under it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment